Encouragement For Your Day | St. Augustine Photographer
Do you ever just get really discouraged about where you are in life? Yea. That was me this past week. Hence no blogs. I just had a dark cloud hanging over me. I couldn't seem to see the silver lining. It didn't help that the weather was really crappy in St. Augustine. I am generally pretty positive on the blog. But we all have times where we just get knocked down. So if you are there right now, you are not alone. So what do you do when you get the wind knocked out of you? Here are a couple pieces of advice that helped me to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
1. Work It Out. Surprisingly, I worked out everyday last week. Usually, when I'm feeling down, I just want to veg and binge watch Netflix. This is a bad idea. Why? Because when everything else seems lost, working out gives me a sense of accomplishment, and I feel better about my body.
2. Count Your Blessings. Do it. Right now. When everything seems to be going wrong, start thinking about what's going right. For me, it looks something like this: "I serve an incredible God who loves me. I am not alone. I have an amazing husband. I have a beautiful home. I have a job. Better yet, a job that I love. I have a great community of friends….." When all you want to do is focus on the negative, make a conscious decision to focus on the positive. You're training your mind to substitute negative thoughts with positive ones. This also works really well when it comes to working out. Instead of thinking, "I hate Insanity, I'm so tired, I can't do this." I think, "I love Insanity, I love how I feel when I do it, I can do this."
3. Watch this video
Life is a race. It's ok to slow down and catch your breath, but you need to start running again. You can't just stop. Don't let your circumstances define your attitude. That is something I have been working on lately. Just because things seem to be in chaos, doesn't mean I need to be a Negative Nancy about things. I can choose how I will react to my current situations. Hopefully this blog helped brighten your day.
Here are some other good things that happened this weekend. Also, get ready my 5th and final Senior Rep, (I HAVE 5 SENIOR REPS!!) Keigan will be on the blog Wednesday!!!
Minor descriptions on the photos.
- I FINALLY got a flash for my camera. I have been borrowing the schools flash for the past 2+ years!
- Rich and I attended a birthday Stache Bash for our friend Josh.
- I photographed my 5th and final Senior Rep, Keigan, on the beach this weekend. The weather was glorious and she looked incredible!
What good things are going on for you all?