Kicking Things Into High Gear // St. Augustine Photographer
Things are starting to pick up here at Oh, Snap! Photography and it's been great getting to know so many different families and their children. Although, all this new business has really forced me to look at the business side of photography. I guess I was naive to think that I could just run around, taking pictures and sending discs back with pretty packaging and the rest would fall into place. But as time has passed, I'm ready to make a couple of changes with the business and I'm ready to set some goals for myself and the company. I know most of you are probably thinking, "DUH! It's about time she see the business side of things...." Running a business is tough stuff and I'm so glad to have you along for the journey with me. So without further ado here are my goals for 2013.
- Open a business account with the bank
- Get stuff in order to get a business license
- Be consistent about logging mileage/ filing contracts
- Blog 5 days a week ( i know this is a tough one. But I think from now till the New Year I'll work my way up to it by blogging 3 days a week till the end of the year.)
- With blogging I want to be more personal. I want my readers to identify with me and know me as a person. I also want there to be a set "topic" day of blogging. For example, Technology Tuesday, or Family Friday, etc.
- Plan my blogging at least a week in advance so I don't worry about finding a topic the day of a blog post.
- Branding. (What things do I want you all, my readers, to associate me with?)
- Create a workflow system for effectively turning around sessions.
These are just a couple of things I want to implement in 2013. Ironically, most of them have to do with blogging. I will be better and more consistent with that this next year. I need to find a schedule and workflow that works for me. So stay tuned I'll keep you posted on what is yet to come. In the mean time, I need to schedule a flea treatment for this little girl later today. :) Isn't she adorable with her Christmas collar on?