St. Augustine Family Photographer | Danielle Brooks Photography
St. Augustine Family Photographer and Family Portrait Photography Studio. Specializing in Family Photography, Senior Portraits, and Head Shot Photography.

Blog

St. Augustine photographer specializing in families, children, and seniors.

Stylized Senior Rep Shoot | St. Augustine Senior Photographer

I am SO excited to share this post with you all! My stylized senior rep shoot was a HUGE success! I am so thankful to all my senior reps who came out! Keigan, Kayley, Morgan, Mary, and Lindsay, you guys were awesome! And thanks for bringing some friends! For our senior rep shoot we were at Antoinette's Bathhouse. I wanted the girls to have fun, but I didn't want parents to worry about it being inappropriate since we were in a bathhouse.

I was brainstorming how I wanted to stylize the shoot. I needed a common thread to weave throughout the shoot. Then brilliance struck. The bath products at Antoinette's are food shaped: cupcakes, cakes, etc. I would have the girls make their own bath products and dress sort of retro/50's style. I was able to use my KitchenAid mixer in the shoot as well as a bunch of aprons my grandmother had. It all came together so perfectly! The girls rocked it!

I use several pieces of equipment for this shoot. For the images where the girls are making products, I used a pair of B800 Alien Bees for lighting, as well as softboxes and pocket wizards. Then for the interior store shots I used my Speedelight 430 EXII. The images where the girls are with the horse and bathtub, they were in the store front displays, so I was able to use a good amount of natural light and just used a reflector to help make the light even. As always I used my Canon 5D Mark II and my 50mm 1.2 lens 90% of the time. The other 10% I used my 16-35 2.8 lens for the window displays. It was a tight squeeze in there and I needed the width it provided. Here's the link, if you want to see what else is in my camera bag, as well as part 2 for what's in my camera bag.

I cannot say enough good things about this shoot. I hope you all enjoy how gorgeous my girls are!

Kayley! You and Abby were so awesome! Everytime I see these photos of you two it makes me want to laugh with you! You all had a blast and your laughter is infectious. You two are such beautiful ladies, never forget how truly gorgeous you are.

Lindsay and Kaitlyn! It has been such a pleasure living next to you ladies. I have loved watching you two rekindle your friendship. You two are just awesome! Lindsay, THANK YOU for your help in coordinating the bathbombs. Without you this shoot wouldn't have been as awesome!

Mary and Hannah, you two are just too cute. You ladies are such radiant women of God your brightness lights up the whole room. I am so excited to see how God uses you in the future. Keep shining ladies!

Keeeeeeeigan! GIRL! You are incredible! You literally nailed every single shot! Thank you for being willing to miss your brother's birthday party to be with us. It was such a joy to have you with us! You are such a talented lady and I am blessed to know you. Broadway is calling your name!

Morgan and Haley! You ladies were STYLIN! You are such fashionistas. Thank you for putting up with my craziness. Hayley, it was a pleasure getting to know you I am so excited to see what the future holds for you. Morgan you are the whole package. You are an incredibly smart and beautiful woman. Don't let others dull your shine.

I submitted several of these shots to Seniorologie, a blog that specializes in senior photography. I'll let you all know if it gets published! Thanks for journeying with me during this exciting time! If you are a regular reader of the blog, would you mind commenting to let me know? I would love to hear from you all! If you have any blogging suggestions, sound off in the comments below!

Super shout out to Athena! She owns Antoinette's Bathhouse and was gracious enough to let her use her space to have a little fun!